DIY DENIM + LACE SHIRT
This season is all about denim.. Everywhere in the shops is denim shirts!! So here is a quick and lovely way to make yours a tad different from the rest of the girls out there wearing them!
2. First, cut out the back of the shirt. You’ll want to leave about 1/2 inch from the seam so that you can stitch the lace directly on the seam line.
3. Next, using the back of the shirt as a pattern, cut out a new back in lace.
4. Next, turn the shirt inside out, pin the lace where the original back was, and sew into place. Because you left a 1/2 inch of fabric, you’ll be able to sew it to where the seams are in the inside.
5. Once you’ve sewn it in place, hem the bottom of the lace.
6. All done! The stitching shouldn’t be showing and will line up with the original seam! *Tip: go slow and sew/pin each turn one at a time. This helps to keep the lines crisp!