- Pillow form (I used a 17″ pillow)
- Fabric (half a yard will do for pillows 18″ and smaller)
What To Do
- Cut the fabric. For a 17″ pillow you need a piece of fabric 17X38 inches big. For other sized pillows you need the fabric to be the size of the pillow side (in my case 17″) by the side times 2 plus 4 more inches. So for mine it was 17″ by (17X2)+4
- Finish the short edges of the fabric.
- Fold one side under and hem. This is for the side of the fabric that will show on the outside.
- Fold the fabric in on both ends (right side of the fabric inside) so that there is a square the size of the pillow in the middle. For mine this means that I folded each end in 10.5″. There should be a couple of inches of overlap. Iron or pin in place.
- Sew across the top and bottom.
- Flip inside out and stuff the pillow into the pillow case.
Yup it was that quick. Don’t blame me if you end up making a stack of them, I know I couldn’t stop myself.