DIY Hair Bands In Every Color
80 hair bands! Easy. 20 yards of elastic in 20 colors. Some even with glitter.
Now the question is: what the hell am I supposed to do with eighty hair bands?
- stretch elastic (I purchased mine here) (I used 5/8″ elastic on the glitter and “fold over” elastic for the rest)
- Measure elastic equivalent to wrap around the circumference of your wrist, leaving an extra inch on each side
- Cut the elastic (a sharp scissor is best to avoid fray; cut on a slight angle)
- Hold the two ends of the elastic together and wrap them around one finger. Pull the two ends through the loop. (do not pull on the edges of the elastic or it will fray)
- That’s it! I added mine to a card (actually recycled extra RSVP cards from our wedding) and added fun names to give as gifts.
- Be impressed with yourself.
*Clarification required: By purple hazing, I just mean rocking out. Not doing psychodelic drugs 1960s-style.*
this tutorial is from the amazing site http://www.loveumadly.com 🙂