So… I want to know, Where do you creative’s get your inspiration from???
- Pinterest. I really love this site. I have the app on my phone as well so I visit it regularly and update my boards. I mainly use it just for the images as I sometimes find the DIY projects a bit misleading or sometimes they don’t really turn out the way you thought they would? That happens 90% of the time I would say.
- Instagram. My FAVOURITE site ever. If this wasn’t created I would probably be a lot more productive and more bored at the same time… if that’s possible. I follow so many people, people in recovery from mental health problems, doll makers, celebs including Jack black, SJP, Alicia Silverstone. Home decor stores, magazines I buy and probably a lot more… Oh yes and some select friends who I find have quite interesting lives! Instagram gives you an insight into the lives of people you dream about and admire, it is actually them IRL posting, sharing there creative ways. I also enjoy uploading pics of my makes as well and getting feedback.
- Galleries – I love visiting galleries and museums when I go travelling and in York. You can pick up some really interesting ideas just looking at other people’s work and taking inspiration from them.
- Magazines – my favourite mags are –
The best things happen when you dare to follow your heart. And that’s exactly what we did when we hatched this idea for a new Dutch magazine in an attic room several years ago. We dreamed of a magazine with which we could explore our love of paper. A magazine of unhurried time, all about doing things differently and making new choices. Small happiness, daily life and the beauty of not always managing to be perfect. That is how Flow began. Flow is all about positive psychology, mindfulness, creativity and the beauty of imperfection. We love illustrations and in each issue there is a gift made of our much-loved paper. We print the magazine itself on different types of paper. – https://www.flowmagazine.com
Breathe is going to return to its youth and make the most of the autumnal delights.Expect to find us turning cartwheels, splashing in puddles, skimming stones and admiring wild flowers as we head off on long, leisurely (yes, we’re embracing the slow movement, too), fun walks along the UK and Ireland’s beautiful coastlines. Awesome. http://www.breathemagazine.co.uk/magazine/
Reloved is the exciting new magazine at the heart of thrifting, shabby chic and up cycling. With an emphasis on breathing new life into old, forgotten objects, it brings a hands-on approach to this thriving pastime. Featuring at least 25 substantial projects each issue and priced at only £4.99, Reloved is the practical magazine for everyone with a desire to create and adapt beautiful things. http://www.relovedmag.co.uk/how-to-bu/
Womankind represents a new era for women: Womankind is an advertising-freewomen’s magazine on self, identity and meaning in today’s society. Womankind magazine features the top journalists, authors and artists in a 132 page, perfect-bound magazine – offering a signature mix of reporting and commentary on culture, creativity, philosophy, nature and ways to live a more fulfilling life. http://www.womankindmag.com/about-us/
They are mainly to do with being mindful of your surroundings and everyday life. How to be kind to others. Gorgeous photos and illustrations. Travel tips. Food ideas. Crafty tips and home decor ideas… My FAVOURITE things basically in magazine form which is always nice to flick through because you come across things you don’t normally search for on the internet.
- Library – we have a lovely library in York which i visit regularly. I get inspiration from there as it gives my choices i wouldn’t normally see. I mainly look in the travel section, crafts section and also the poem books.
Any other thoughts on inspiration?? If so please share!
Well I’m back in the lovely York now, it’s been an amazing two weeks I have enjoyed it so much and havnt stopped! My favourite things that I did in Paris were:
- National History Museum, just beautiful grounds and the zoo is fab
- Centre of Pompidou, saw amazing works by Kandinsky and Klee!!
- The Louvre, obviously amazing but the outside grounds and the funky pyramid glass statues are gorgeous
- Wondering around all the pretty streets, walking along the river and seeing the Notre dame and other pretty buildings.
So that’s my favourite things that I did but obviously everyone is different and likes different things etc.
I’m quite glad I’m going back because I havnt been able to do anything crafty in TWO WEEKS. I am actually getting withdrawals now because I normally sew everyday. I don’t know what other people do? On the evening like what do you do when you havnt got any crafts to do???
I’ve got five orders from etsy to make, a bag to send, and two people have requested some handmade curtains for me to make so I’m gonna get straight into the orders. I’ve been updating my SEO on my etsy site so hopefully that will help as well.
Kind of want to make other animals but not sure which ones? What are you favourite cushions in my shop and what would you like to see more of?
Bye bye bloggers!!
Arrived in at about 5pm. The flight from Manchester was so speedy I couldn’t believe how quick it was!! Had to get the RER B train to near the centre as apparently, I’m staying in the ‘China town of paris? It’s in the 11thendorsement. I got there and a guy greeted me who had been looking after the cats for a couple of days before hand
He was lovely and from Texas, he was giving me abit of business advice about gembobs crafts… to start to focus more on my customers and not just make all the time which is something I do constantly. I find the business side quite difficult really.
Anyway, we chatted and he showed me how to inject one of the arts as she has diabetes L never done that before so it’s good to know what to do. She is gorgeous and pure white. There is another cat also who has urinary problems!! The apartment is lovely I couldn’t have asked for nicer tbh I feel very lucky. So, I just got my things sorted ECT and headed for bed awaiting the explorations to begin the next day.
So, I’ve come out into the world and I just thought I would wander tbh to see where it takes me
I’m currently in the louvre queue which is MASSIVE OMG. But if I don’t stand in it now I never will so just have got to do it I suppose. It’s quite a nice day so I don’t mind. A girl from lonelyplanets forum messaged me as I said I was in Paris and she is travelling and is here for tonight so we are randomly meeting up!! She seems lovely so hopefully it’ll be good!! (didn’t meet up in the end… it started pouring it down)
The Louvre is AMAZING obviously. It is absolouty massive and I really didn’t expect that. The mona lisa was bigger then I expected. everyone kept saying its tiny but its not that small? I couldn’t get to it though because the room was full of people. Really busy so I didn’t really like that it made me quite anxious and I felt my heart racing so I had to get out. I decided to wander to the Eifle Tower next but it just started raining so I went to a cute little café and sat outside under shelter and had a small tea. Quite nice just to chill for abit because I find it hard to sit down but haing done 20,000 steps approx (I have a fitbit…) I definetly needed to sit down!!
I got back around 6 ish which was perfect. I had a lovely day out and paris is just gorgeous and so so pretty I would love to live here and take some french lessons because the language is lush.
Im going to update on my adventures on things i’ve done in Paris but not log everyday as its very time consuming but I will show pictures etc!