Well I’m back in the lovely York now, it’s been an amazing two weeks I have enjoyed it so much and havnt stopped! My favourite things that I did in Paris were:
- National History Museum, just beautiful grounds and the zoo is fab
- Centre of Pompidou, saw amazing works by Kandinsky and Klee!!
- The Louvre, obviously amazing but the outside grounds and the funky pyramid glass statues are gorgeous
- Wondering around all the pretty streets, walking along the river and seeing the Notre dame and other pretty buildings.
So that’s my favourite things that I did but obviously everyone is different and likes different things etc.
I’m quite glad I’m going back because I havnt been able to do anything crafty in TWO WEEKS. I am actually getting withdrawals now because I normally sew everyday. I don’t know what other people do? On the evening like what do you do when you havnt got any crafts to do???
I’ve got five orders from etsy to make, a bag to send, and two people have requested some handmade curtains for me to make so I’m gonna get straight into the orders. I’ve been updating my SEO on my etsy site so hopefully that will help as well.
Kind of want to make other animals but not sure which ones? What are you favourite cushions in my shop and what would you like to see more of?
Bye bye bloggers!!
I’ve had two more full on days in beautiful Paris. There is so much to do which is marvellous for me because I like my days to be busy and nights to be chill which is what they have been.
Yesterday (Sunday 13 August) I got the metro to the Eiffel Tower!! Oh wow, didn’t really expect it to look like that up close. It was just magnificent tbh. It was a lovely day as well which made my photos lush. The queue again was massive, so I decided not to go to the top because someone told me they’d been up twice and it’s not really worth the money and wait.. so I decided not too. The gardens surrounding it were really nice though so I sat down there for a little while and read my book which i’m getting through quite speedily!
One thing I love here is that even though it’s a weekend, people are outside sitting in parks, walking, exercising, playing with their children and just chilling in the parks more. In York, UK back at home on a weekend all you see are crowded pubs and bars with rowdy men and women so drunk and loud. I really hate it. I mean yes by all means drink, but not to that extent and I think the French have the balance just right.
I then wondered down and was passing the Army Museum- (Website), It’s not something normally I would go in but I decided to broaden my horizons and try it. It’s a magnificent building and I saw lots of armour, guns, info about WW1 and WW2 which was quite interesting. Overall not really my cup of coffee!!! If your into army stuff then it’s a winner though 🙂 I then just strolled back down the river and took a lot more photos, got back to the flat and found out one of the cats had urinated all over my duvet… not very happy about that so i’ve had to wash and dry everything. Very annoyed!!!!
Monday – 14 August 2017
Today was so hot!!! The sun was blazing and I actually had to take my leggings off. I walked to the Notre dame today, it’s free to get in and Mass was on at 12.00pm and that’s the time I got there. It’s gorgeous but I would still say the Minister in York is just as lush. Mass was obviously all in french!! Haha. I then took a trip to the National History Museum – (Website) because the one in London is AMAZING!!!! So I thought I’d test this one out. You walk in to massive grounds with beautiful gardens and buildings and lovely flowers. It really is pretty especially in the sunshine. The thing that slightly annoyed me was that each building had it’s own expedition and you had to pay to get in each one. So you couldn’t just by one ticket for everything. Luckily I had my pass so I get in for things for free, because without that it probably would have ended up being over 30 euros just for me. There was a building full of Gemstones which i liked as i used to collect these, then a large zoo(I didn’t go in there), Prehistoric animal part which was really good and interesting and a large glass house full of tropical plants! I would definitely recommend going here if your in Paris, it wasn’t really on my list of things to do but i’m so glad i have been because its gorgeous, even if you dont want to pay for the buildings, just to be in the grounds is lovely. I wondered back in the sunshine, everyone was sunbathing!! It makes you feel so much better when its warm. I found this really cool shop full of house decor things (FLEUX) so i might have a nosey on their website 😛
These past two days have been so much fun!! the things i have done and been to are
- Visited the Louvre again, this time getting the floor plan and actually spending time going round each bit which was definitely worth it. Saw the Mona Lisa again, but once again it was packed and i just couldn’t really get that close which was disappointing. But i did see Leonardos other paintings which were amazing.
- Went on a fabulous ride in a mini fair that was happening in the Jardin des Tuileries. I had so much fun it was a large swing that went really high so i got a couple of good photos of the Eiffel Tower!
- Visited Moulin Rouge building and took a lot of photos, wasn’t too impressed tbh.. I thought it would have looked better then it did.
- Went to the Grand Palais (free entry) which is really beautiful
- Saw the Arc de Triomphe! Gorgeous and definitely worth a look. i took some really pretty pictures as well.
- Sat and read in both the Parc Monceau and Champ de Mars gardens – currently reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed (definitely recommend).
I have included some of the images i took throughout the day on my Phone. I dont use a SLR camera anymore as i always found it too hard to carry around with me everywhere, and phones have such good quality cameras that i just use that now. Also i like the fact it downloads straight on my laptop through Google Photos!! 🙂