So… I want to know, Where do you creative’s get your inspiration from???
- Pinterest. I really love this site. I have the app on my phone as well so I visit it regularly and update my boards. I mainly use it just for the images as I sometimes find the DIY projects a bit misleading or sometimes they don’t really turn out the way you thought they would? That happens 90% of the time I would say.
- Instagram. My FAVOURITE site ever. If this wasn’t created I would probably be a lot more productive and more bored at the same time… if that’s possible. I follow so many people, people in recovery from mental health problems, doll makers, celebs including Jack black, SJP, Alicia Silverstone. Home decor stores, magazines I buy and probably a lot more… Oh yes and some select friends who I find have quite interesting lives! Instagram gives you an insight into the lives of people you dream about and admire, it is actually them IRL posting, sharing there creative ways. I also enjoy uploading pics of my makes as well and getting feedback.
- Galleries – I love visiting galleries and museums when I go travelling and in York. You can pick up some really interesting ideas just looking at other people’s work and taking inspiration from them.
- Magazines – my favourite mags are –
Breathe is going to return to its youth and make the most of the autumnal delights.Expect to find us turning cartwheels, splashing in puddles, skimming stones and admiring wild flowers as we head off on long, leisurely (yes, we’re embracing the slow movement, too), fun walks along the UK and Ireland’s beautiful coastlines. Awesome. http://www.breathemagazine.co.uk/magazine/
Reloved is the exciting new magazine at the heart of thrifting, shabby chic and up cycling. With an emphasis on breathing new life into old, forgotten objects, it brings a hands-on approach to this thriving pastime. Featuring at least 25 substantial projects each issue and priced at only £4.99, Reloved is the practical magazine for everyone with a desire to create and adapt beautiful things. http://www.relovedmag.co.uk/how-to-bu/
Womankind represents a new era for women: Womankind is an advertising-freewomen’s magazine on self, identity and meaning in today’s society. Womankind magazine features the top journalists, authors and artists in a 132 page, perfect-bound magazine – offering a signature mix of reporting and commentary on culture, creativity, philosophy, nature and ways to live a more fulfilling life. http://www.womankindmag.com/about-us/
They are mainly to do with being mindful of your surroundings and everyday life. How to be kind to others. Gorgeous photos and illustrations. Travel tips. Food ideas. Crafty tips and home decor ideas… My FAVOURITE things basically in magazine form which is always nice to flick through because you come across things you don’t normally search for on the internet.
- Library – we have a lovely library in York which i visit regularly. I get inspiration from there as it gives my choices i wouldn’t normally see. I mainly look in the travel section, crafts section and also the poem books.
Any other thoughts on inspiration?? If so please share!