So… I want to know, Where do you creative’s get your inspiration from???
- Pinterest. I really love this site. I have the app on my phone as well so I visit it regularly and update my boards. I mainly use it just for the images as I sometimes find the DIY projects a bit misleading or sometimes they don’t really turn out the way you thought they would? That happens 90% of the time I would say.
- Instagram. My FAVOURITE site ever. If this wasn’t created I would probably be a lot more productive and more bored at the same time… if that’s possible. I follow so many people, people in recovery from mental health problems, doll makers, celebs including Jack black, SJP, Alicia Silverstone. Home decor stores, magazines I buy and probably a lot more… Oh yes and some select friends who I find have quite interesting lives! Instagram gives you an insight into the lives of people you dream about and admire, it is actually them IRL posting, sharing there creative ways. I also enjoy uploading pics of my makes as well and getting feedback.
- Galleries – I love visiting galleries and museums when I go travelling and in York. You can pick up some really interesting ideas just looking at other people’s work and taking inspiration from them.
- Magazines – my favourite mags are –
The best things happen when you dare to follow your heart. And that’s exactly what we did when we hatched this idea for a new Dutch magazine in an attic room several years ago. We dreamed of a magazine with which we could explore our love of paper. A magazine of unhurried time, all about doing things differently and making new choices. Small happiness, daily life and the beauty of not always managing to be perfect. That is how Flow began. Flow is all about positive psychology, mindfulness, creativity and the beauty of imperfection. We love illustrations and in each issue there is a gift made of our much-loved paper. We print the magazine itself on different types of paper. – https://www.flowmagazine.com
Breathe is going to return to its youth and make the most of the autumnal delights.Expect to find us turning cartwheels, splashing in puddles, skimming stones and admiring wild flowers as we head off on long, leisurely (yes, we’re embracing the slow movement, too), fun walks along the UK and Ireland’s beautiful coastlines. Awesome. http://www.breathemagazine.co.uk/magazine/
Reloved is the exciting new magazine at the heart of thrifting, shabby chic and up cycling. With an emphasis on breathing new life into old, forgotten objects, it brings a hands-on approach to this thriving pastime. Featuring at least 25 substantial projects each issue and priced at only £4.99, Reloved is the practical magazine for everyone with a desire to create and adapt beautiful things. http://www.relovedmag.co.uk/how-to-bu/
Womankind represents a new era for women: Womankind is an advertising-freewomen’s magazine on self, identity and meaning in today’s society. Womankind magazine features the top journalists, authors and artists in a 132 page, perfect-bound magazine – offering a signature mix of reporting and commentary on culture, creativity, philosophy, nature and ways to live a more fulfilling life. http://www.womankindmag.com/about-us/
They are mainly to do with being mindful of your surroundings and everyday life. How to be kind to others. Gorgeous photos and illustrations. Travel tips. Food ideas. Crafty tips and home decor ideas… My FAVOURITE things basically in magazine form which is always nice to flick through because you come across things you don’t normally search for on the internet.
- Library – we have a lovely library in York which i visit regularly. I get inspiration from there as it gives my choices i wouldn’t normally see. I mainly look in the travel section, crafts section and also the poem books.
Any other thoughts on inspiration?? If so please share!
I just thought i would kind of do a self promo because i haven’t posted about my products for a while! So, Im kind of a hippie at heart, and so this sometimes reflects in the products i make. I have a few items in my shop that are ‘boho’ and ‘hippie’ that i wanted to tell you guys about!
First are my Patchwork Curtains – They are made from fabric I’ve sourced from literally everywhere, i try to good quality fabrics that normally have a pretty pattern and can do any size thats needed. Ive made a lot of curtains now, all have been individual and one of a kind which is what i love about them. These are the ones i used to have in my own flat, i used quite a few vintage scarfs in this one but they are always lined so light doesn’t flood through.
I also have some lovely boho cushions available in lots of different colours/materials! Each one is one of a kind so YOU get to pick what you like and i will do my best to acocomodate.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I have lots of lovely bunting available also, which would look fab in a hippie style room.
Here are some other things I really really want in my own home from sites on the internet and also what I have found on the amazing Internet which i will keep adding too!!
Isnt this wonderful?! I would definitely get this… although i haven’t got enough room on my walls as i have covered them with pictures!! But it is only 12.00 which is a bargain.
dream catcher – gorgeous dream catcher from someone n Etsy. I really advocate etsy, people work so hard on there and i dont think others realise how hard it is to get your shop noticed and get sales.
Another gorgeous boho etsy shop that sells glass! how brave!! I love these, i have lots in my house ranging from candle holders, hanging domes, they just look gorgeous and are very popular at the moment!
Check back to see more goodies 🙂
Well I’m back in the lovely York now, it’s been an amazing two weeks I have enjoyed it so much and havnt stopped! My favourite things that I did in Paris were:
- National History Museum, just beautiful grounds and the zoo is fab
- Centre of Pompidou, saw amazing works by Kandinsky and Klee!!
- The Louvre, obviously amazing but the outside grounds and the funky pyramid glass statues are gorgeous
- Wondering around all the pretty streets, walking along the river and seeing the Notre dame and other pretty buildings.
So that’s my favourite things that I did but obviously everyone is different and likes different things etc.
I’m quite glad I’m going back because I havnt been able to do anything crafty in TWO WEEKS. I am actually getting withdrawals now because I normally sew everyday. I don’t know what other people do? On the evening like what do you do when you havnt got any crafts to do???
I’ve got five orders from etsy to make, a bag to send, and two people have requested some handmade curtains for me to make so I’m gonna get straight into the orders. I’ve been updating my SEO on my etsy site so hopefully that will help as well.
Kind of want to make other animals but not sure which ones? What are you favourite cushions in my shop and what would you like to see more of?
Bye bye bloggers!!
These past two days have been so much fun!! the things i have done and been to are
- Visited the Louvre again, this time getting the floor plan and actually spending time going round each bit which was definitely worth it. Saw the Mona Lisa again, but once again it was packed and i just couldn’t really get that close which was disappointing. But i did see Leonardos other paintings which were amazing.
- Went on a fabulous ride in a mini fair that was happening in the Jardin des Tuileries. I had so much fun it was a large swing that went really high so i got a couple of good photos of the Eiffel Tower!
- Visited Moulin Rouge building and took a lot of photos, wasn’t too impressed tbh.. I thought it would have looked better then it did.
- Went to the Grand Palais (free entry) which is really beautiful
- Saw the Arc de Triomphe! Gorgeous and definitely worth a look. i took some really pretty pictures as well.
- Sat and read in both the Parc Monceau and Champ de Mars gardens – currently reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed (definitely recommend).
I have included some of the images i took throughout the day on my Phone. I dont use a SLR camera anymore as i always found it too hard to carry around with me everywhere, and phones have such good quality cameras that i just use that now. Also i like the fact it downloads straight on my laptop through Google Photos!! 🙂
So. here it is my first travel blog entry.
Over this year I made a resolution to myself to be more flexible… to explore new things and not just live my life based on societies and my own rule book. I can’t work a mundane job… I have to be flexible and work around my own routines that I have. So, this year I’ve managed to go to Thailand (very short and abit disastrous but I won’t go into that), Las Palma which was fantastic with my sister Amy. Bergerac in South of France for two-week cat sitting where I had use of a car (which really helped). And not I am in Paris for two weeks, then flying to Madrid after that for two weeks.
So overall compared to the last few years of my life it has been brilliant. I struggle with the language difference and I feel very arrogant because I can’t speak another language. But I may take some classes in either French or Spanish. So, I know this blog is mainly crafts related but I’m think of diversifying it a little bit and adding in a few more sections.
- Home decor
- Saving and money
What do you think?
Ive been searching the internet for a while now for new craft ideas, tutorials, inspirational images to gather information for my upcoming projects that i have in mind.
Then i thought… i am going to write about my findings on my blog! That way i can keep a log on what i find and so can refer back over time. Good Idea?? Yup.
So prepare yourselves for some inspiration! They might just be random images… or stories, poems, words, just a bit of randomness. but they are all picked because they have inspired me in someway and i hope they will help you in your crafty journey too!! 🙂
Belle and Boo http://belleandboo.com
Created by Mandy Sutcliffe
Welcome to the world of a bob haired little girl called Belle and her adorable bunny friend Boo – a charming world of innocence, warmth and adventure. Belle and Boo is a British lifestyle brand known for original, nostalgic ‘story book’ illustrations of children. The collection includes gift items, books, framed artworks, stationery, home wares and a beautiful collection of girls’ clothing.
A wonderful website and book. Lots of cute illustrations for children and adults!! Very inspirational indeed!!
I have been making Loads of cards lately 🙂 I think im obsessed, if you share my obsession please post your links to your handmade cards here!!
I would love to see them and get some inspiration.
So paste your links here!!
you can see my range of cards on my website.