Well I’m back in the lovely York now, it’s been an amazing two weeks I have enjoyed it so much and havnt stopped! My favourite things that I did in Paris were:
- National History Museum, just beautiful grounds and the zoo is fab
- Centre of Pompidou, saw amazing works by Kandinsky and Klee!!
- The Louvre, obviously amazing but the outside grounds and the funky pyramid glass statues are gorgeous
- Wondering around all the pretty streets, walking along the river and seeing the Notre dame and other pretty buildings.
So that’s my favourite things that I did but obviously everyone is different and likes different things etc.
I’m quite glad I’m going back because I havnt been able to do anything crafty in TWO WEEKS. I am actually getting withdrawals now because I normally sew everyday. I don’t know what other people do? On the evening like what do you do when you havnt got any crafts to do???
I’ve got five orders from etsy to make, a bag to send, and two people have requested some handmade curtains for me to make so I’m gonna get straight into the orders. I’ve been updating my SEO on my etsy site so hopefully that will help as well.
Kind of want to make other animals but not sure which ones? What are you favourite cushions in my shop and what would you like to see more of?
Bye bye bloggers!!
These past two days have been so much fun!! the things i have done and been to are
- Visited the Louvre again, this time getting the floor plan and actually spending time going round each bit which was definitely worth it. Saw the Mona Lisa again, but once again it was packed and i just couldn’t really get that close which was disappointing. But i did see Leonardos other paintings which were amazing.
- Went on a fabulous ride in a mini fair that was happening in the Jardin des Tuileries. I had so much fun it was a large swing that went really high so i got a couple of good photos of the Eiffel Tower!
- Visited Moulin Rouge building and took a lot of photos, wasn’t too impressed tbh.. I thought it would have looked better then it did.
- Went to the Grand Palais (free entry) which is really beautiful
- Saw the Arc de Triomphe! Gorgeous and definitely worth a look. i took some really pretty pictures as well.
- Sat and read in both the Parc Monceau and Champ de Mars gardens – currently reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed (definitely recommend).
I have included some of the images i took throughout the day on my Phone. I dont use a SLR camera anymore as i always found it too hard to carry around with me everywhere, and phones have such good quality cameras that i just use that now. Also i like the fact it downloads straight on my laptop through Google Photos!! 🙂
Arrived in at about 5pm. The flight from Manchester was so speedy I couldn’t believe how quick it was!! Had to get the RER B train to near the centre as apparently, I’m staying in the ‘China town of paris? It’s in the 11thendorsement. I got there and a guy greeted me who had been looking after the cats for a couple of days before hand
He was lovely and from Texas, he was giving me abit of business advice about gembobs crafts… to start to focus more on my customers and not just make all the time which is something I do constantly. I find the business side quite difficult really.
Anyway, we chatted and he showed me how to inject one of the arts as she has diabetes L never done that before so it’s good to know what to do. She is gorgeous and pure white. There is another cat also who has urinary problems!! The apartment is lovely I couldn’t have asked for nicer tbh I feel very lucky. So, I just got my things sorted ECT and headed for bed awaiting the explorations to begin the next day.
So, I’ve come out into the world and I just thought I would wander tbh to see where it takes me
I’m currently in the louvre queue which is MASSIVE OMG. But if I don’t stand in it now I never will so just have got to do it I suppose. It’s quite a nice day so I don’t mind. A girl from lonelyplanets forum messaged me as I said I was in Paris and she is travelling and is here for tonight so we are randomly meeting up!! She seems lovely so hopefully it’ll be good!! (didn’t meet up in the end… it started pouring it down)
The Louvre is AMAZING obviously. It is absolouty massive and I really didn’t expect that. The mona lisa was bigger then I expected. everyone kept saying its tiny but its not that small? I couldn’t get to it though because the room was full of people. Really busy so I didn’t really like that it made me quite anxious and I felt my heart racing so I had to get out. I decided to wander to the Eifle Tower next but it just started raining so I went to a cute little café and sat outside under shelter and had a small tea. Quite nice just to chill for abit because I find it hard to sit down but haing done 20,000 steps approx (I have a fitbit…) I definetly needed to sit down!!
I got back around 6 ish which was perfect. I had a lovely day out and paris is just gorgeous and so so pretty I would love to live here and take some french lessons because the language is lush.
Im going to update on my adventures on things i’ve done in Paris but not log everyday as its very time consuming but I will show pictures etc!